Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So goofiness is hereditary?

My mom used to worry about early onset of Alzeheimer's. I say used to because I think the antics of my sister and myself have finally convinced her she's not alone. She'd do silly things or forget things and think there was some "major" reason for it.

As I started relaying my multitude of stupid stories, she began to feel better. My sister adds hers and now mom is trying to figure out how she has such ditzes for daughters.

It's not that we're ditzes, we just want to make our mom feel better. I mean, that's selfless isn't it?

Really, you'd think that we'd keep our blonde moments to ourselves. Of course, neither of us is blonde although I once did highlights for awhile. Now I'm just greyish brown, totally time to color my hair. Ever since the bozo episode, I have hair coloring fear, but I'm working on it. I digress, although we should probably stay quiet, we (especially me, I'm all about bringing joy to other people's lives and if I can do something to make someone else feel a little better, I'm all over it.) Oops, digressed again . . .

Sis called the other day and said, " Okay, you're never going to guess what I did."

Well of course she was right, how in the world would I be able to guess. I shot some random guesses out there but I wasn't right, go figure.

"You know how you drove away from the drive thru bank with the cannister?"

"Yes, that was a good one."

"I did it, too!"

Laughing and spitting my drink everywhere I replied, "Did they call you,too?"

She said, "I figured they would, but they didn't. When I took it back the next day they laughed and said they'd called a bunch of people, but didn't know what happened."

"So ditziness is hereditary?" I questioned.

"Guess so."

See Mom, no worries. You're okay. Your daughters on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

Gotta love it and keep smiling!

No comments: