Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

Grat-i-tude:–noun
the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful
Gratitude and thankful are two words that I believe go with my word of the year "blessed."
I am a "glass half full' gal. I'm always looking for the positive in every situation, I guess that's one of the reasons I chose blessed to be my word. As annoying as it may be, I want to be positive. It isn't always easy, sometimes I have to push myself to find the positive. I just find my life a little easier if I do.
Some might call it "sticking your head in the sand." Others might say you're "making lemonade out of lemons." I say I'm surviving.
This Sunday at the Stampin' Up Open House I saw some scrapbooking friends I hadn't seen in awhile. One of my precious friends, Darla, has breast cancer. She's had one surgery and was only able to do 4 shots of chemo because of her liver transplant. They found a bit more and were going to take it out on Monday. She is very positive about the entire thing.
I had no intention of going to the open house, I missed my exit and decided to head that way. It never ceases to amaze me how God works. I'm grateful that I can add my prayers to those already going up for her. The power of prayer is an awesome thing.
So gratitude, thankful, blessed all seem to fit together like a puzzle.
"A thankful heart is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."- Cicero
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus"
1 Thess. 5:18 (NLT)
Blessings,
Missy

No comments: