Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Joy

What a day full of silly memories that's what yestrday was.



After church the boys and I went to mom and dad's and ate. I had no intention of staying forever and figured the boys could head home whenever they were ready.



Mom suggested we play SkipBo if we could get one of the kids off of the computer. Dad doesn't like SkipBo much so he just napped. Noone wanted to play so I was going to head home. Just as I was headed out the door, Rus decided he would play, so we did, mom won, he is not a good loser. No more SkipBo.



We used to play SkipBo with my Nanny, the cards were actually hers. She's been gone for 10 years It's been too hard to play the game without her, especially for my mom.



Mom said Cindy, my sister, would play if she was there. We called and she said she'd come in after a bit and play before she took Rachel home.



In the mean time, Dad wanted Jeremy to see if he could download the CSI Miami theme song onto his phone. He said, "You know ''oooh ah wee, oooh ah, ooh ah'" Jeremy chimes in, "I'm pretty sure it's 'Who are you?"



Jeremy's point totally made sense, mom and dad's - not so much. Dad was still totally sure he was right. After checking on YouTube we found out J was right but Dad still wasn't satisfied. He did set his Pa's phone to that ring.



Cindy came and we played "Thirteen" first. She won all four games and didn't let you forget it. Then we played SkipBo partners and it was Rusty and Mom against Cindy and I. Cindy went at first and somehow we pulled out my going out next. I feel totally certain it had nothing to do with the 9 I put down in the 5th discard spot (there are only supposed to be 4 discard spots but I so can't help it if they weren't paying attention! Cindy assured me she'd had a SkipBo any way but it was much more fun with the 5th discard!) Cindy also felt it was necessary to hedge her bets and remind us all that even if WE didn't win, she had gone out first so she was the Queen. And remind us, and remind us, and remind us)



Anywho, it was nothing major, but just a lot of little pieces of joy and memories.







"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecc. 8:15 (NIV)

No comments: