Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One Little Word, Really . . .

Well, I just love to talk, drives the rest of my family crazy. What do you expect? I live in a household with 3 males. They are really no fun when it comes to listening to me but I don't care. They can't stop me. I have a secret . . . are you ready for it? I mean really are you?





I am an excellent conversationalist and listener, now here is the secret . . . I don't need anyone else to listen to or talk to, I just carry on a conversation with myself. Really, when you think about it, who better than yourself. Sadly though I even find some of my mutterings annoying. But that is so NOT the point.



All over the internet are blogs that talk about choosing a word for the year. This is a word to live by, or to contemplate for the year. I started making a list of a variety of words. I think that my word will be Blessed. I have a rainbow of blessings:


  • I am so blessed to be a child of God.

  • I am so blessed to have a loving husband and two loving teenage sons. Sometimes loving and teenage don't go together very well, but my boys are loving, not perfect, but loving.

  • I am so blessed to have my mom and dad as a major part of my life and the lives of my boys.

  • I am so blessed to consider my sister my friend. It hasn't always been like that, but I'm glad that we're friends now.

  • I am so blessed to have a best friend who is always there and that I don't have to agree about everything with but know that our friendship will continue to endure.

  • I am so blessed that I have a church family that cares and that I care about not to mention the friends I've made.
  • I am so blessed to be able to be a part of the youth group and touch the lives of these precious teenagers and have my life touched as well.

  • I am so blessed to have a job where I am respected and that I love to go to everyday. I have always wanted to be a teacher, but the jobs haven't always had great leaders. I am blessed with great leaders at my school

  • I am so blessed to have a niece who is an angel, no really I mean it. I am also blessed to consider my bff's son my nephew.

  • I am so blessed that my needs are taken care of and many of my wants are too.


I know that I could go on, and assure you I will add to my list, but really I think BLESSED is the perfect word. Not saying it will be the only word because I am a woman of many words, but definately the top word.


Please don't think I'm bragging, well, maybe I am but not in a bad way. In our lives things don't always go the way we think they should and sometimes we just need to stop and have a reality check. So have you had your reality check lately?


“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence." (NLT) Jeremiah 17:7



Good Night and God Bless!

No comments: