Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Let's Shed a Little Light on the Situation

Okay, did I feel silly!

The boys and I all went to church together on Sunday in the Mustang. On the way home, at night, in the dark, I had a car that was riding close on my tail. I didn't like it.

After a bit, he pulled over to my side and just kind of hung close. The boys are like, "Hey Mom, (that's what they call me, you know) what's that guy doing?"

I said, "I guess he wants to race or something, I don't do that." I just ignored him and thought to myself, "I don't like driving this car if people are going to look at me like that. It makes me feel funny."

You see, he wasn't the first one or last to be cutting looks my way.

I just drove along and as the roads got darker, I noticed there wasn't a lot of light in front of me. The lights in my car come on automatically and the way I know they are on is because my dash lights are on. No dashlights, no headlights. Dashlights on, headlights on.

Makes perfect sense. The Mustang's dash lights were shining bright. (Bet you know where this is going don't you?) Headlights, not so much.

Apparently, dashlights on in 'Stang do not mean headlights on.

Color me embarassed.

Turns out no one wanted to race me. They were just trying to get me to turn on my lights! Go figure!

Where's my sign?

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. Genesis 1:3

No comments: