Wednesday, February 18, 2009

His First Oopsie and My Hubs Rocks!

Poor J had a wreck today. Both boys were in the truck and both were fine, truck not so much. Rus called Nate, I think J was in shock. Smart choice to call Dad and not Mom. Mom was so panicked. They texted me to let me know.

I called back really quickly. After checking on the boys. Finding out that the other person was fine and J wasn't being stupid, I kept talking about thngs that really weren't important. Nate finally told me to settle down and not get hysterical. I informed him I was not hysterical ( I didn't feel like I was, guess I was a bit in shock, too. The fear and relief). He told me I was headed that way(his tone was way calmer than mine.)

After getting off the phone, I realized he was right, I was headed to hysterical. How well he knows me.

Nate was amazing. He handled the whole thing so well. I know on the way there he was petrified. When something's wrong with your kids, the whole world stops for a moment. J said he was so cool when he got to the accident. He was a bit worried. He took care of the boys and all the accident stuff. Got a rental car, a blue mustang, and picked up J's parking pass. I made sure to let him know what a wonderful man he was and what a great dad and that I loved him dearly and am blessed to have him.

Spent forever working out cruise details. Have a cruise notebook now so I feel so much better!

No comments: