Thursday, June 4, 2009

Did you know not all spider's have a web?

Well, I was looking for a new car the other day and I ran across a Spider. Not the normal kind of spider but by the end of my short dealings with him he gave me the creeps like his eight legged namesake.

I called a Chevrolet car lot to ask about an ad for a car (go figure) and this guy answered and assured me that even though the ad still up on their website had expired, he could make me a great deal. And then he told me his name was "Spider" (I know, I know, first clue?strike). We set up an appointment for a bit after 1. I headed that way and gave him a call to let him know I was on my way. After 2 calls to his cell phone he finally answered and told me that he was with someone else on a test drive but he'd be there shortly and they were expecting me. Self said, "Really now, why'd I make an appointment then?" (Second clue/strike)

Sure enough I got there and he was nowhere to be found. I looked around at cars for about 2o minutes and still he was nowhere to be found. I headed inside and told the receptionist that my time was more valuable than this and I was headed across the street and if I didn't find something I'd be back. Then I walked away.

You should have seen the 2 legged Spider, with the bleached blonde mullet, come running out of the dealership. Being the kind person that I am I stopped instead of running over him. Seriously now, what kind of person runs in front of a moving vehicle? Okay so that is a slight exaggeration he ran to the side of the car and nearly knocked my window out. Okay, okay, another slight exaggeration but he did run to the window while the car was moving and knock on the window.

Conversation went something like this:

Spider (S): "I'm almost through here."
Me: (M): "That's nice. I am through here. I'm going to the car dealers across the street."
S: "Do you know where they are?"
M: "Uh, yeah, I can see the large number of cars are across the street." (Duh)
S: "Great! I should be finished when you get back."
M: "Cool! I'm finished now."
S: "Oh, well, will you be back?"
M: Just wanting the creep to leave me alone, "If I don't find something maybe."
S: "I'll make you a great deal."

Strike 3 and he's OUT!

Finally I drove off. He called my cell twice. My new car dealer bud and I got a great laugh at that as I was signing papers for my Hyandai Sonata!

Squished that spider, eh?

No comments: