Monday, June 29, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake and Ice Cream and Pie and . . .

Well, Lou and I had a girl's night out last Tuesday. Her son and hubby were out of town and she doesn't do empty house well. Never understand that, I love empty house. Of course I like knowing they'll be coming home, but empty house rocks. Empty nest . . . don't even want to go there, but I digress.

Lou and I went to eat at Applebees. We ordered three out of four of their desserts. I had tea and she had milk. Our waiter said it was a first for him and the manager loved it. We got the blonde brownie with butter pecan ice cream and maple sauce. I'd give it 2 out of 3 stars, I like my mom's blonde brownies more.

We also had Triple Chocolate Meltdown: Chocolate cake with a fudge center and topped with milk and white chocolate and vanilla ice cream. We do love our chocolate and I'll give it a 2 out of 3 stars. Cake isn't my favorite and I don't like vanilla ice cream much.

We didn't have the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sundae because we'd had one like it at Cheddar's and we were going for new tastes. Probably a mistake on our part.

Our favorite was the Mile High Ice Cream Pie:


No comments: