Thursday, May 7, 2009

Did you know that when deployed air bags stink?

Well, neither did I until last Wednesday. Somebody decided that they wanted to turn left from the middle lane. I was in the left lane and it wasn't a turn only lane. I wanted to go straight. It was at a green light that was headed to the highway. They turned, I continued straight right into them.

When air bags deploy they emit white powder. I don't know if it was the white powder of what, but it burned my wrist, my chin and my forehead. I think it got my back, too. Not bad burns, but little blisters popped up. The air bags also smoke and stink. I thought something was on fire.

My right ankle hurts a bit from slamming on my brakes, my wrists and fingers hurt from holding on to the wheel so tight. The seat belt bruised my chest and my ribs. The pain in the ribs is the worst, still can't bend without pain, but it'll be okay, I'm not seriously injured.

I was in a daze. There were a lot of cops. Don't know if driver was hurt. It was a new Explorer, if so wasn't major. Wasn't my fault. Think they got a ticket. Don't know if they have insurance. Know accidents happen but not happy that my car will probably be totaled. It had a new tire, fresh oil and a full tank of gas. Funny what you think about at a time like that. Really want my gas.

Bottom line, I'm alive. My angel was protecting me. My God was with me as he always is.

Blessings,
Missy
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalm 5:11

No comments: