Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Thoughts because I don't want to lose them

I found these on a blog hop and I want to keep up from them. They came from a blog called Connie's thoughts: connies-thoughts.blogspot.com
Thursday, December 30, 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR~~~~2011




I AM THE NEW YEAR

I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time. I am your next chance at the art of living.

I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned during the last twelve months about life.

All that you sought the past year and failed to find is hidden in me; I am waiting for you to search it out again and with more determination.

All the good that you tried to do for others and didn't achieve last year is mine to grant...providing you have fewer selfish and conflicting desires.

In me lies the potential of all that you dreamed but didn't dare to do, all that you hoped but did not perform, all that you prayed for but did not yet experience. These dreams slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of an enduring purpose.

I AM YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO RENEW YOUR ALLEGIANCE TO CHRIST WHO SAID, "BEHOLD, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW." Rev. 21:5

I AM THE NEW YEAR.
Copied


I WILL.....

like Paul, FORGET those things which are behind and press forward;
like David, LIFT up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help;
like Abraham, TRUST implicitly in my God; like Enoch, WALK in daily fellowship with my heavenly Father; like Jehoshaphat, PREPARE my heart to seek God; like Moses, CHOOSE rather to suffer than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; like Daniel, COMMUNE with God at all times; like Job, BE PATIENT under all circumstances; like Caleb and Joshua, REFUSE to be discouraged because of superior numbers; like Joseph, TURN MY BACK to all destructive advances; like Gideon, ADVANCE even though my friends be few; like Aaron and Hur, UPHOLD the hands of my spiritual leaders; like Isaiah, CONSECRATE MYSELF to do God's work; like Andrew, STRIVE to lead my brother to a closer walk with Christ; like John, LEAN upon the bosom of the Master and imbibe of His Spirit; like Stephen, MANIFEST a forgiving spirit toward all who seek my hurt; like Timothy, STUDY the Word of God; like the Heavenly Host, proclaim the message of peace on earth and good will toward all men; like my Lord Himself, OVERCOME all earthly allurements by refusing to succumb to their enticements.

Realizing that I cannot hope to achieve these objectives by my own strength, I will rely upon Christ for "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME." Phil. 4:13.
G. Burger

No comments: