Thursday, March 26, 2009

The First Girlfriend

How totally sweet! Jeremy has a girlfriend and it's his first. I'm totally happy with it, cause it's all about me, right?

What I mean is he's a steady kid. Takes it slow, takes it easy, makes it last.?

The nice thing is keeping the lines of communication open. Right now he's talking to me and asking my input.

They know each other from church and are taking things at a slow pace. Keeping God at the center.

They've gone out on two dates. To see "Taken" before we left on the cruise. It was the Friday before we left and I offered to go with them because I had really wanted to see the movie. He shot me down! What's that about?

Then Cindy came over and helped roll change and we texted him to try and get him to save us seats!

"Mom it's our first date!"

"So is that a no?"

No reply. So I guess that was a no! Like I'd really go on his date!

Anywho, The next date was the Friday after we got back. The Wednesday before he'd given her the souveneirs he'd picked out for her, a chain neclace with dangling hearts from the ship, a handmade beaded purse from Guatemala, a handmade name bracelet from Cozumel and he showed her the henna heart tatoo with her name. Their second date was putt putt golf.

Tonight they held hands and he put his arm around her. He was over the moon happy.

The next date is the Fair which means two things: His grades need to be up and he needs to earn quite a bit of money.

Sweetness.

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: